Alasdair Post-Quinn teaches double-knitting workshops for all levels of experience all over the country, but rarely teaches in his own hometown.
During this unprecedented workshop week, you will have the opportunity to take one of EVERY workshop in his repertoire.
This is not a retreat! You can take one workshop, a few workshops, or (if you’re very adventurous) all of the workshops! If you are coming from away, you will have your weekdays free to see the sights of our fair city (and Boston across the river).
The venue is conveniently located near an MBTA Red Line stop, as well as parking and food.
Visit the Calendar for tickets and more info!
This workshop series is made up mostly of 3-hour workshops, aside from one 6-hour one toward the end. The 3-hour workshops are $75 each; the 6-hour one is $145.
Discounts happen at the 3+ workshop level and the 5+ workshop level. If you have 3 or more workshops in your cart, enter the code 3ofakind in the coupon code area at checkout. If you have 5 or more workshops in your cart, enter the code fullhouse in the same location for a deeper discount.
The deepest discount is the BuildingBlox Pass, which reserves you a space in every workshop. This is meant for experienced double-knitters looking to expand their repertoire immensely.
Now, a few caveats. The coupon system is not as granular as I’d like, but it’s what I have. There are some things which are possible that are not supported. If I see them happening, I will email you and either modify or cancel your order:
- It is possible to add both workshops and products (books/patterns) to the cart, and then use a coupon code to get a discount on the books as well as the workshops. If you do this, I will try to refund the book portion first. If it does not also reduce your workshop discount, I will need to cancel your order and let you start again.
- It is possible to use the fullhouse discount on the BuildingBlox Pass. Please don’t do this; the pass is already as deeply discounted as I can afford to make it. I will cancel orders that do this.
- The BuildingBlox Pass does not automatically decrement the space in all workshops. When I see that one has sold, I will manually decrement the remaining space in each advanced workshop by 1. I will also be in touch to see if you want space in one of the intro classes and do the same there if needed.
- The ticketing system I am using does not have a waiting list functionality built in. If a workshop is full, please contact me to let me know you would like to be placed on the waiting list for a particular workshop. I will be in touch if there is a cancellation.
- Finally, there is a small question that will pop up about the possibility of discounted hotel rooms. You don’t need to fill this out more than once, and even if you fill it out for every ticket, it won’t be weighted more heavily for the extra “votes”. Unfortunately I could not keep it from showing up for every ticket rather than every transaction.
What do I need to know in order to take these workshops?
Prerequisites are laid out on the individual workshop pages, but in general you need a foundation on which to build. For the intro classes, you only need to know how to cast on, knit and purl. For the other classes, you need to be comfortable with double-knitting as well as the technique(s) I am combining with double-knitting in that session.
Can I take advanced workshops after just having learned the basic technique?
That’s up to your comfort level. If you are a sufficiently skilled knitter, you may find that taking a few levels of double-knitting in rapid succession will not be a problem. However, most people will want to have a stronger foundation before building on it. Never fear! I will continue to teach advanced classes all over the country and may even choose to run this event again in the future. If you want to find out when, please join my mailing list.
What if I really want to take a workshop but don’t have the prerequisites?
Please don’t get in over your head! It is your responsibility to be honest with yourself about your level of experience. However, if you don’t have the skills needed to take a particular workshop, I reserve the right to alter the level of instruction I give you. Please keep in mind that I owe every student a quality experience, not just you. If you’re not sure if you have the prerequisites, please be in touch and we’ll figure it out together.
Do I really need to do the homework?
If a workshop has homework (listed at the bottom, under “What to do”), you need to do it. The completion of this small amount of double-knitting both proves to me that you are capable of the basic technique, as well as providing a jumping-off point for the in-class work. If you don’t do it, you will lag behind the rest of the class as you catch up on your own time.
How do I get discounts on these workshops?
The more you buy, the more you save per class. Visit the Tickets tab for more info.
What if I cannot appear at a workshop I have signed up for?
Please be in touch with me. In general, I will accept cancellations and refund you in full if there is a good reason for your cancellation. One week before the event begins, I will refund half of your workshop fees; cancellations during the event or no-shows will not be refunded. However, if you are not able to appear and I could not refund your payment due to the above policy, I will be glad to send you digital copies of the handout(s) you would have gotten.
I have a question not addressed here!
Please contact me! If I feel your question is likely to be asked again, I’ll add it and my answer here; otherwise I’ll just respond via email.