Named after the workshop series I ran in Spring of 2019, BuildingBlox is now revived as an ongoing series of virtual workshops on the Zoom platform. The Covid-19 pandemic has required us all to think outside the box in many ways, but this is a sea change which allows me to transcend geographical barriers. Even once it becomes safe to travel again, I intend to continue offering virtual workshops on a regular basis to reach people who could not easily learn from me otherwise. Thank you for your interest!
Alasdair Post-Quinn, Fallingblox Designs
I teach double-knitting workshops for all levels of experience, and now I teach them in a virtual medium as well. The BuildingBlox Virtual Workshops differ from virtual workshops that I teach for other venues in some distinct ways:
- Most workshops are 3 hours long (with a break midway through)
- All workshops can be booked directly through this website
- The workshop fees are based on a pay-what-you-want model, above a modest minimum, so that nobody is left out due to financial considerations (if the minimum is still too high, contact me and we'll work something out).
- There will be a greater variety of workshops offered here because many of my more advanced workshops are not frequently scheduled through the big shows, guilds or LYSs.
- Workshops will be recorded and made available to all who enrolled, whether or not they were able to attend.
- New workshops will be tested here first before they're offered anywhere else!
It's easy to join — just find a workshop in the list to the right, make sure you meet the prerequisites, and sign up! To see other workshops I am teaching (both virtually and in person), visit my main calendar. To be among the first to hear about workshops when they are posted, please join my mailing list(s)!