Links about Alasdair & Fallingblox Designs
Want to ask questions about double-knitting to a group of over 5000 knitters? Visit the double-knitting group on Ravelry.
Want to ask me questions about my double-knitting and patterns? Visit the Fallingblox Designs group on Ravelry.
I also have an article (more of a set of edited book excerpts) in the Fall 2011 issue of Interweave Knits.
Thanks must go to Shannon Okey of Cooperative Press, who took on the publishing of my first book!
Listen to (or watch) me get tongue-tied live on the internet!
- December 21, 2011: KnitPicks Podcast
- May 6, 2012: It’s A Purl, Man
- July 24, 2012: Yarn Thing Podcast
- September 15, 2012: Savvy Girls Podcast
- January 11, 2013: CraftLit
- February 22, 2014: Ready, Set, Knit
- May 26, 2016: ModeKnit Yarn Podcast
- July 7, 2016: Yarn Thing Podcast
- July 30, 2016: Ready, Set, Knit
- January 7, 2017: Ready, Set, Knit
- January 31, 2020: Off the Cuff with Suzanne Bryan
- April 22, 2020: Fruity Knitting Podcast
Inspirations and other resources
I really love Kieran Foley’s innovative stranded patterns. Once you’ve got the techniques you need, you really should try a few in double-knitting!
For an unbelievable wealth of knowledge and (most importantly) charts, visit Jessica Tromp’s website. Yes, it’s hard to navigate, but I’m pretty sure I’ve only scraped the surface.
A list of double-knitting resources would not be complete without a mention of Lucy Neatby, another groundbreaking designer who is pushing the boundaries of double-knitting in a completely different direction from me. She’s doing a DK Technique Club on her site which is totally worth checking out for some specialized advanced double-knitting techniques.